To make changes to your router’s settings, you need to know the IP address. You can access the router admin panel using this IP address and make the changes you want. The most commonly used IP addresses are 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.10.1, 192.168.2.1 and 10.0.0.1. However, there are other IP addresses. Therefore, you can follow the steps below to find the exact IP address of your device.
How To Find Router IP Address on Windows?
- Run the “Command Prompt” from the Windows “Start” menu. You can type “cmd” in the search box.
- At the Command Prompt, type “ipconfig” and press “Enter”.
- Depending on the type of network you are using, you can find the IP address you need to use to access the management interface of your router under “Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi” or “Ethernet adapter Ethernet”. The address listed in the “Default Gateway” section is the IP address that you must use.
How To Find Router IP Address on MacOS?
- Open the Terminal window from the Application > Utilities menu using the “Finder”.
- You can find your IP address by typing “netstat -nr | grep default”.
You can also perform the following operations as an alternative method.
- Click the Apple menu icon.
- Click “Network” in the “System Preferences” menu.
- Select the internet connection you are using.
- Click on the “Advanced” button, in the “TCP / IP” section you will find the IP address that you must use to access the admin panel of your router.
How To Find Router IP Address on Linux?
- Open the Linux terminal window.
- Run “ip route | grep default” or “config”.
Alternatively, you can do the following. Click the internet connection icon. In the “Connection Information” section, you can see the router IP address.
How To Find Router IP Address on Android?
The easiest way to find the IP address of the router with Android is to use the application. You can install the application named “Wi-Fi Analyzer” from the Google Play Store and install different applications that function the same. You can easily find the IP address of your device from these applications.
How To Find Router IP Address on iOS?
- Click the Wi-Fi section in the Settings menu.
- Click the name of the wireless network you are connected to.
- In the “DHCP” or “Static” section, you can see the IP address of your router.